Monthly Archives July 2017

Information for applying the temporary residence certificate

By Robert
At Jul 23, 2017

A better life in Guangzhou|Canton Local Resource Guide

When you come to Guangdong with tourist visa or business visa, you must go to the local police station near your living space(if you are living in hotel, just go to the hotel reception, But don’t forget to ask the hotel put their stamp on the form! ) to register your information in detail within 2 days. It’s easy and free. Then you can get this Registration Form. ( As the policy of Guangdong immigration bureau, we recommend you to register and get this form. and also for the foreigner who live in Guangdong, please notice when you leave China and come back or move to a new living place, you have to renew this form )’

Applicants should provide the documents as follows,

1.The original passport, the copy of the first page and the lastest visa
2.One two-inch color photo
3.The copy of the landlord’s house ownership certificate
4.The ID card copy of the landlord
5.The copy of the tenancy contract:
The contract much contain the name of the applicant.And the contract must be issued by the rental department.If the apartment is provided by your company,you should ask your company to write a letter to prove the apartment is rent for you.
All the documents mentioned above are required for each person,and all the documents should be copied in A4paper.

Tips: If you register yourself too late, maybe the police will charge you fine. Please notice
as the regulation, the fine is from minimum 50RMB up to maximum 500RMB.You can
negotiate about it to reach a lower amount. Alternatively, another smart way to get this
form is check in a Hotel for 1 night, then you can go to the hotel reception to register
yourself and get this form. But don’t forget to ask the hotel put their stamp on the form!



How to Apply for a Visa Extension in China—LIVING GUIDE

By Robert
At Jul 08, 2017

Want to continue your study or work life in China? Then the next thing you need to do is to apply for an extension to your Chinese visa. How to apply for such service in China, and what are the requirements?
Foreigners who want to stay in China beyond what their current visa allowance need to apply for an extension to their visa with appropriate reasons. The extension application should be made at the municipal public security bureau 7 days before the visa expires. Multiple visas cannot be extended.
Relevant documents needed
Foreigners who wish to apply for extension or alteration of visas or certificates need to provide the relevant documents:
1) A valid passport and visa as well as the documents regarding accommodation registration
2) A fully completed application form for extension or alternation
3) Documents and papers supporting reasons for extension or alternation Note:
For people of different status, the requirements can be various.
Holding official letters of office of students abroad、students’ passports and residence permits, process it within the valid period of residence permits of students, for 90 days per extension.
Critical patients
Bring with medical certificates of critical condition provided by hospitals to apply for extension.
Foreigners with international marriage between Chinese
Chinese citizens’ foreign spouses must provide marriage certificates, originals and copies of inhabitant registration cards and the I.D. cards of their Chinese spouses; the duration for the extension is 3 month and it can be extended for three times. What’s more, continuing apply for extension after stay over one year, one must submit a written application
Dependents of embassy officials
The dependents of embassy officials must provide the letters of embassy to apply visas.
Foreigners who are disallowed to extend
1) Foreigners whose duration of stay is shortened and those whose residence right are deprived
2) Individual travelers who have no sufficient traveling expenses
3) Family visitors who has no special reason for extension when their visa expires

General Notes
It is vital that you have the necessary documents with you when you travel to China otherwise entry will be denied.
Fees for visas can vary from one country to another but details can be obtained from the web site of the Chinese Embassy in your country.
Overseas visa authorities are: Chinese Embassies, consulates, visa offices, the consular department of the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in HKSAR and other agencies abroad authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.